While wasting time on Facebook I came upon an amazing image of freshly baked focaccia from my friend Tru. She was generous enough to share her recipe with us and we replicated with some minor changes. Best if eaten the same day with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Tastes amazing with Global Garden’s Meyer Lemon Olive Oil and Peach Cinnamon Balsamic Vinegar that we picked up during our olive oil tasting.
1 packet of instant (active or rapid rise) yeast
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
4 cups of flour
Olive oil or butter
1. Dissolve one packet of instant (active or rapid) yeast in 2 cups of warm water.
2. Add one tablespoon of sugar, one teaspoon of salt, and four cups of flour.
3. Mix together thoroughly and until mixture forms a dough ball and pulls away from the bowl.
4. Knead the dough ball for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Generously grease a 9″x13″ pan and place kneaded dough ball to best fit the pan. The final product will stick so be generous!
6. Let the dough rest in a warm place for one hour.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
8. Generously drizzle olive oil over the dough. You could also choose to melt a stick of butter instead and drizzle the same way.
9. Sprinkle garlic powder, dried rosemary, dried thyme, and parmesan (optional) over the dough.
10. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
11. Let sit to cool before slicing and serving.